Configure your email settings
Email notifications are an important way for Loomio to keep people updated on what’s happening in your group.
When you (or your group members) start your account, by default, Loomio will:
- send you a daily summary email of everything you missed the day before
- let you know when someone’s trying to get your attention via mentions & replies
- subscribe upon participation, sending emails for every comment on threads you’re interested in.
- immediately email you when someone asks for your attention: notifications of polls or proposals or thread invitations
This helps to keep people engaged in the early stages of a group. We set this default assuming that you and your group members will not yet have a habit of using Loomio regularly. For this reason, the default makes it easier for you to stay up to date via your email inbox.
You can also set notification settings specific to any group or subgroup.
- Click on your group page
- Click on the tab, Settings
- Email settings will be the first listed
You can apply this setting to the organization (a.k.a. parent group) alone or to the parent group and all of its subgroups.
Your profile page lets you customize your Loomio identity. To visit your profile page select the edit profile option in the user menu.
Uploading a profile photo
It helps people to know who they are speaking to, and put a face to a name. In getting started, you will want to choose or upload a profile photo.
Update your personal info
Updating your introduction, perhaps including skills or roles, and your location (especially for remote teams) can help build your teams.
Loomio is developed in English, but is translated by volunteers into many languages.
Loomio will detect your browser’s language settings, but you can manually set your preferred language from the profile page.
Setting a password
You can set or change your password by visiting your profile page and clicking Reset Password.
Check out the Loomio Basics video series and review most of the Getting Started Guide in as little as 15 minutes.
Convincing your group
Our onboarding resources can help you get everyone on board to adopt Loomio.